Friday, September 7, 2018

My best August purchases

Because it was summer vacation and I got to travel with my family, I picked up a lot of great things this month. My favorite items are probably the ceramics from Spain. Going back there to visit after moving away twenty three years ago, I really wanted something with sentimental value. The pieces I found were bought in the closest village to my childhood home, so I couldn't be happier and have since used both while entertaining guests at my home in the U.S.



Another purchase I'm happy with, and one which has changed my life somewhat, is my bujo journal. After a bit of research I decided to go for a red Minimalism Art journal



It was quite a bit cheaper than the Moleskin and Leuchtturm and the quality is really good with an option for either ruled or dotted paper. To go with it, I bought some Tanmit dual tip brush pens and Cra-z-art colored pencils which were on sale at my local grocery store in the 'back to school' section. 



I know everyone recommends Tombow and Prismacolors (LOVE Prismacolors after using them at my design job years ago), but they're also a lot pricier, so since I wasn't sure if this whole bujo thing would be a passing hobby or something I'd stick with, I chose to go cheap to begin with. 

What are your best August buys? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment