Friday, July 12, 2013

Tasty Summer Reads

I'm so thrilled to have been included in this wonderful summer blog hop which includes some really wonderful romance authors! My fellow author from the Five Golden Rings anthology, Viv Lorret invited me to join and in return I have invited the fabulous Kristin Vayden and Bronwen Evans to tell us what they're currently working on, so be sure to stop by their blogs as well.

Here's how the hop works: every author along the hop invites other authors to answer five questions about their current summer release or WIP (work in progress) plus a tasty recipe of their choice for you all to enjoy =)

Right now, I'm trying to cram in as many words as possible for The Danger In Tempting An Earl (book 3 in my Kingsborough Ball series) before heading off to the RWA conference in Atlanta next week. The first book in the series (The Trouble With Being A Duke) is all set to go on sale August 27th while book 2 (The Scandal In Kissing An Heir) is due for release December 31st.


Now, on to the questions:


1)When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
When I finally manage to steer my attention away from all the social media and
focus on my writing, I don't do anything but write until I've met my daily word count. That's not to say that I won't have the occasional cup of tea or coffee, but as far as eating goes - I do that after I'm done.
2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
I used to fly by the seat of my pants (real pants since I always get dressed in the mornings - always have done so sitting around in my jammies feels weird to me) and then I discovered that I'm less likely to write myself into a corner if I do a little planning, so I now work with chapter by chapter outlines - nothing too complex since I do want my characters to help me with the stories direction - but a brief paragraph that stops me from spinning out of control =)
3)When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it? 
I do both. I have some meals at the back of my head that I throw together without exact measurements, and then there are those where I follow the recipe to the letter. This is especially true if I'm baking!
4) What is next for you after this book?
Once I wave goodbye to the Kingsboroughs, come October 1st, I'm planning to re-visit some old friends - secondary characters from the Summersby series, namely, the Ashford sisters. Do you remember Michael's accident-prone sister Cassandra? Well, she'll be getting her own book along with Caroline and Chloe.
5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
Somewhere in the vicinity of an 8 =D

Summer Recipe:

This is what I made last night and the family loved it. I snapped a picture so you can see how it turned out.

Ingredients to be blended:
11/2 cup Chiobani, plain Greek yogurt
1 bunch of parsley
1 teaspoon of fresh oregano
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup water
5 cloves of garlic

Additionally:
3 chicken breast filets sliced through the middle to make 6 thinner pieces
Zatarain's New Orleans Style Garden Vegetable Rice Mix
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of water for boiling the rice
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper

Place the chicken filets in a plastic bag and add the yogurt & herb mixture. Allow to marinate at least 1 hr - I left it overnight. When it's ready, fry them at low heat on a skillet or throw them on the bbq. Tip - if you have a hard anodized skillet you can achieve a bbq effect if you don't add oil.
Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to the instructions on the box. Fry the onion and bell pepper and add the rice.
If you like eating your meal with bread, I can recommend Earth's Pride organic multi-grain loaf. Bon appetit!



Please remember to visit the other authors on this blog hop for some insight into their writing habits and some delicious, mouth-watering recipes. Bronwen has a Pavlova, kiwi-fruit, strawberries & cream desert that's to die for, Viv has listed her aunt Dorothy's no-bake blueberry pie and Kristin has a scrumpdiliumptious recipe for blueberry scones. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and if you happen to be in Atlanta next week, maybe I'll see you there =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment