Sunday, June 12, 2016

Romantic relaxation on Netflix and Amazon Prime


I've recently found myself with a bit more spare time on my hands than usual, and decided to take advantage by looking for movies that I could just allow myself to sink right into, just as I would with a Julia Quinn novel :) Well, imagine how pleased I was by the recent updates on both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I know that many of you have probably seen Kate and Leopold years ago when it first came out, but I hadn't, so when I spotted it on Netflix, it was instantly added to my 'watch with immediate haste' list. But, then I continued browsing and I found two other gems that, as a romance addict, I simply had to share with my fellow appreciators of this totally awesome genre.
So if you haven't seen Doctor Thorne, add it right now. It's a four part miniseries, brought to you by Julian Fellowes who wrote Downton Abbey. Set during the Victorian era, this is a period piece based on a novel by Anthony Trollope. And it's wonderful.
Equally so is The Age of Adaline. Okay, so I wasn't one hundred percent sure about this one when I started watching it, but I do believe it has since become one of my all-time favorite films. It stands out and is masterfully written with so much emotion that you'll want to keep your tissues close at hand while watching. And that's the way it should be. So make sure there won't be anything to interrupt you while you're savoring the incredible experience you're bound to have with this one. 
And if you're in the mood for something a bit lighter and you did see Kate and Leopold back in the day before I did, you can always try The Holiday. It has a pretty big cast in the form of Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law and Jack Black, and really hits the cute and cuddly factor :)

I'm adding the various trailers below for your convenience. Drop a line if you'd like to share your thoughts about any of them or if you'd like to add more suggestions. And until then, happy viewing to you all!

Doctor Thorne - Available on Amazon


The Age of Adaline - Available on Amazon


The Holiday - Available on Netflix & Amazon


Kate & Leopold - Available on Netflix

Incidentally, while double checking the availability of these, I spotted Becoming Jane on Netflix, so that settles what I'll be watching tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment