Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jane Austen Map of London

I received this as a gift for Christmas and I have to say that for the price ($8.26) - especially when compared to so many other historical maps available for purchase - this one's a great deal! When I write, I've always used Greenwood's online 1827 map of London, but moving from segment to segment in my browser can be tedious at times so I wanted a map that I can simply spread out on the table and take a proper look at. 
My initial concern was the size - I couldn't find out how big it would be or if I'd be able to read the street names. As it turns out, this wasn't a problem. The map is 27.5 inches x 39.5 inches and while the writing is small, it is legible. It's from 1806 and also features a lot of interesting references to buildings/places as they pertain to Jane Austen's books, plus the paper/print quality is excellent.
All in all, a good purchase for any Regency author or fan of that period.


Front Cover

Back Cover

Inside pocket for map

Map - 27.5 inches x 39.5 inches

Reverse side of map with references to locations used in Jane Austen's books


No comments:

Post a Comment