Sunday, August 26, 2018

New Content Coming Soon



I started this blog six years ago (yikes, how time flies!) with the best of intentions. Writing weekly posts seemed like a fairly simple goal at the time, but looking back it's been a struggle between adding useful/interesting content and not knowing how much to share about the non author aspects of my life. Most advise I found online suggested sticking to a niche, which would in my case be romance novels (specifically historical ones) and subjects relating to them, like research, writing experiences, book reviews etc. The biggest problem with this is the time required to read the books and get the reviews done regularly enough when I'm also busy working on my next release + being a wife and mom. As for research posts...that's a whole other ballgame since most of those take a lot more time than simply putting down my thoughts about a novel. And then there's the whole, I'd like to talk about other stuff too, dilemma.

So what's the solution?
Well, today I stumbled across Roni Loren's blog and saw the example I'd been looking for of an author mixing all kinds of subjects together in her blog. There's stuff about music, tv shows she's watching, her device free summer etc. It gives a far better insight into the person she is while allowing her to share what she loves (besides books) with her readers.
So from now on you'll be seeing a lot more variety on my blog too, from music, to movie and t.v. show recommendations, to bujo fun, travel/vacation stories, recipes, my African bush dog, and a whole lot more. I'll also be adding an "ask me anything" option for readers which I plan to post live as part of an ongoing Q&A 
Do you have other ideas? Let me know and I'll try to fit it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment